Nutritionists rank a bunch of Starbucks drinks that are popular in winter, and ranked them from healthiest to LEAST healthy. Which one is your go to holiday drink?
1. Their new Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte got a B-plus. It's only 150 calories with 3.5 grams of fat. And none of it is saturated fat.
2. Gingerbread Latte . . . B-minus. The Starbucks version has 38 grams of sugar.
3. Chai Latte . . . B-minus. Starbucks uses a chai syrup that's loaded with 42 grams of sugar.
4. Peppermint Mocha . . . they gave it a C. A grande at Starbucks has 54 grams of sugar. Again, it's because they use flavored syrup instead of real peppermint.
5. Eggnog Latte . . . C-minus. The Starbucks version has 52 grams of sugar and more saturated fat than anything else on the list. The only plus is 17 grams of protein.
6. Chestnut Praline Latte . . . they gave it a D. It's only got 39 grams of sugar, but nothing about it is healthy in any way.
7. Salted Caramel Latte, an F. 470 calories with 59 grams of sugar. That's more than twice the added sugar you're supposed to have in an entire day.
Tis the season, ammirite?